Monday, March 16, 2009

Specific Prayers

I figured I would write down a few specific things that you can pray for while I'm preparing for this adventure and also while I'm there.

1) Please pray for safe travel and the health and safety of the entire team. I'm meeting the team in London which makes me much less nervous that I don't have to fly into Africa alone.

2) Pray that the Lord will work in and through us to touch the lives of these incredible people that so desperately need His love.

3) Pray for safety while we are in Uganda. Although we are in an area that is considered 'safe', Gulu, Uganda is a very war torn area and you just never know.

4) Please pray that Mikaelyn will be a good girl for her Grandma and Papa.

5) Pray for my parents strength as they haven't had a 4 year old all to themselves since my younger brother was that age...I don't think they even know what they're in store for.

6) Pray for my teammate Leslie who broke her foot a few weeks ago and will be wearing a 'boot' most of the time that we are there...praise God that she can leave it in Uganda. Hopefully it will be a blessing to the staff there for someone else who may need it in the future.

7) Pray for our leader Ray as he and his wife have both been laid off from their jobs due to economic issues. He knows this is where the Lord wants him to be...he is a true inspiration for those of us going. Pray the Lord will bless him and his family for doing His will even in difficult times

8) Pray that my heart will be open to whatever the Lord has in store for me. Pray I will put aside my selfish ways and be fully useable in whatever way needed not only while I'm there, but in all of my life.

I know the Lord is on our side and believe completely that He has called each of the 7 of us to go to Uganda to do His work. I feel blessed to be going with the 6 other people that are committed to this trip. Ray, Gretchen, Leslie, Ben, Tami & Dom, I am so excited to be a part of this team with you all and I thank God for putting each of you in my life! We're almost there!! YAY!!

No comments: