Thursday, March 5, 2009

So many blessings amongst the stress

Well, it's now down to 19 days before Mikaelyn and I head to Michigan and teach Grandma how to do her hair...and then 21 days until I leave for Uganda. Yes, I am officially stressing myself out now!
We have a big event that we're putting on called Game On! Africa Heroes in Action. I'm in charge of the children for this 4 hour event. I don't know why this is so nerve wracking for me...it's not like it's rocket science, but for some reason just the thought of this event gives me a stomach ache. I finally sat down the other night and wrote out a schedule of the evening for the kids, in HOPES that most of them will actually sit and watch the movie in the children's theater (Madagascar and Madagascar Escape 2 Africa...sticking with the African theme). We're going to have face painting (still looking for the painters) and popcorn and sno cone sales going on. I mean, seriously, it's not like I'm having to fully entertain all these kids for 4 hours, but for some reason it is freaking me out!
Anyway, I need to really wrap my brain around it all and just take it all one moment at a time b/c otherwise I think I just might go insane! Poor Mikaelyn is getting the wrath of my stress and that is just unacceptable and I've had to apologize to both her and Anthony for my not-so-kind attitude. It's going to be an amazing event and I'm so excited to be a part of it. I just think on top of leaving and getting everything ready, it's just a lot to handle, for me. But I have awesome teammates that are keeping me motivated...so I just gotta keep on keepin' on!
With all of the stress though, I have found another "virtual assisting" position that I started last week that I am VERY please about. It is bringing the extra money that I need each week and will help me out so much. The gentleman I'm working with is awesome and I just know that the Lord has orchestrated this all for me... He is just so amazing!
So, for now, I'm focusing on each moment as much as possible to try to get myself through until I leave...it's a challenge, but I know the Lord will help me! :o)

No comments: