Monday, March 16, 2009

Getting SO close!

I can hardly believe we're down to 9 days until we leave! This has been such a long process, having started the initial thoughts about Uganda in May of 2007 and following through on my call there soon after. The Lord is doing amazing things in my heart and I believe in the hearts of my teammates and hopefully in the hearts of those that we will be working with.
The last week was a difficult week for me. Work was very busy, my mind was rapidly filling with things I needed to take care of before I left and all the sudden I became overwhelmed almost to the point of feeling chlostrophobic...it was a very uncomfortable feeling. So, with all those feelings building up, I decided to start making lists (thanks Jenni Clayville for always talking about your OCD in organizing...it inspired me!) So, I have a folder filled with lists of things I need to buy, things I need to bring to Uganda, things I need to bring to Michigan for me and then another one of things I need to bring for Mikaelyn. Then there's a list of items that I needed to discuss with Anthony, so I made him dinner and sat him down and went through each item! It was actually quite comical when I think about it...it was almost like a "meeting" about what his "job" was while we're away! HA! Yeah, well, we'll see how that goes! ;o) Actually, I'm fully blessed to have him around to handle affairs while we're away and I'm VERY thankful that he's been so willing to help out, even if he doesn't really know or understand what I'm doing. Life at home may not always be easy, but I really do feel blessed that Mikaelyn has a father that loves and adores her...not all little girls are that lucky especially given our 10 year history!
So, this weekend I spent a lot of time shopping, ughh! I mean, I like shopping, but I HATE spending money. But, I feel I was very successful and only have a few things left on my list of items to purchase, THANK GOODNESS! Everything seems to be coming together finally and although I have clothes and Uganda items piled up on my dresser, I will soon be putting them in a suitcase which is SO exciting!
God is so good and I am so anxious to see what He is going to do in my life and the lives of my teammates and those in Uganda!

1 comment:

Jenni Clayville said...

GIRL!!! This made my day. I'm glad my OCD could help someone.

I am totally praying for your trip. God is going to do some seriously amazing things!!!