Thursday, March 19, 2009

Chest Pain?! WTH?!

So, yesterday afternoon I started having terrible chest pain...which I THOUGHT was heart burn. My wonderful and Grandpa and Daddy were so kind of pass along the Groenink trait of terrible heart burn, Thank you ever so much! Tums are my BEST friend and in all honesty, I do not go ANYWHERE without a little pack in my purse.
This is something I deal with on a daily basis and it's not usually too bad...it's nothing like my Dad goes through, that's for sure! I've found what helps alleviate the pain and I stick with it.
But yesterday was different...it wasn't really "heartburn", but more like a terrible ache. I popped a few tums hoping that would help, tried to eat some dinner, which didn't work too well and went to bed about 8:30 (like asleep, not just laying in bed).
I woke up this morning STILL feeling this aching in my chest and told Anthony. He asked if I had pain in my arm...well, yes, I have had this weird pain in my left elbow for the past week or so, just a random achyness. Then he asked if I had shortness of breath...last night, I was having a weird dream and I couldn't breath, I had to go outside to try to catch my breath and breathe normally...I'm still feeling this sort of chlostrophobic feeling inside my chest/stomach. Very acidic in my upper gut. So weird! The pain in my arm isn't shooting into my chest or anything, it's just there.
Perfect timing right?! Only a few days from leaving the country?!? Geesh!
Anyway, I'm fully annoyed right now...just had to share! :o)

No comments: