Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Things have been crazy...

So, it's been a while since my last post and I don't really have a GOOD reason per say...it's just been a crazy week or so.
So for an update, I quit one of my side jobs...I know, WHAT?! QUIT? In THIS economy...yeah, yeah, I know. But when you're being disrespected and attacked personally with regard to my values and character, there is only so much that I am willing to put up with. Nobody deserves to be disrespected by their employer, EVER! I had put up with this for a long time because the job was such a blessing, as a "virtual assistant", that is, I didn't work in the office, but did all the hours (about 10 a week) on my own time, wherever I wanted (usually home). I can say the job was a blessing while I had it (about 2 1/2 years), but a huge weight off my shoulders now that I'm done with it. It has been a bit of a struggle to get over the way that I was treated and how disrespected I felt after such a long time, but in all honesty, I KNOW I deserve better and refuse to be treated like that any longer.
Along with that, I have been slowly getting ready for my Uganda trip. I can't believe it's coming up in like 6 weeks!! I went out with my WONDERFUL sister-in-law (Andrea) and my 6 1/2 year old niece (Ilona) and bought a bunch of material. Andrea is going to GRACIOUSLY give her time to sew 4 dresses and 6 skirts for me to wear while I'm there and then I will leave them with the Action International staff to be given to the women that need clothes. We were lucky enough to find a very simple skirt pattern and an even easier dress that literally you just sew the material up and then add some straps...very easy...well, said by the one who isn't actually sewing (and doesn't know how to)...but I'm TOLD that it's simple. Heck, Andrea finished the 4 dresses by the time I even left their house that evening. Yes, she's really that amazing! I'm so blessed to have such an amazing sister-in-law. I don't know how my brother got her, but he is LUCKY! :o)
Anyway, life as I know it is always changing and adjusting and I'm feeling a bit insecure and nervous, but excited about what the Lord is doing within me. I feel His presence like CRAZY right now and that is what is getting me through the difficult and often times painful days.
I know He has me in His grip and I find comfort in knowing that He is leading me through these days! Blessings on you all! :o)

No comments: