Thursday, January 15, 2009

This made my day!!

I received an email late last night from an old High School friend that I haven't seen in over 12 years (maybe more). It was an absolute surprise and brought a tear to my eye (yes, still emotional) and made me feel so good! She doesn't know me anymore other than what she sees on Facebook and she owes me nothing...so for her to take the time out to write this I felt was such a kind hearted thing to do! So...thank you Darcy! You are an inspiration to me and I only hope I can have as kind of a heart as you do!

This is what the letter read:

Hey Sarah Jean,
I finally got to look at your pics of you and your little girl. I kept going back at looking at another and yet another album because I am marveling at how vividly alive you two are.You are sparkling with energy in every picture and your adorable daughter obviously has learned how to love life from you.Being a mom can be soooo hard, and you seem to be doing an amazing job. So, enough with the super duper sentiments, but I think if a mom is doing a good job she should get all the kudos she is deserved.

I needed this...I think ALL mother's need this...so let this be a lesson to us all. If you know a mother who is doing a great job, TELL THEM!! You never know what she may be going through behind doors and how that one simple compliment may ultimately change the course of her day!

No comments: