Thursday, January 1, 2009

Merry Belated Christmas and Happy New Year!

So, it's been a little while since I have written...don't really know why, but I think it's because I've been busy! :o)
Let's start with Christmas...it was wonderful! Mikaelyn got everything she really wanted and a few other things and was ultimately, a very happy girl. Anthony was sweet to buy me a new toaster over and an espresso machine. They already have been getting plenty of work done for me and I'm VERY excited about them. I got him a new watch and some onyx and diamond cufflinks...he seemed to be happy...although, he was REALLY excited about the Rolling Stone magazine that was all about Barack Obama...yeah, I know where I stand when it comes to Obama, but that's ok! HA!
We spent the afternoon with my brother Jason and his family along with Tyler and it was a lot of fun. I love hanging out with them and just wish we could hang out more often. It's a lot of work when we get together though with 3 girls, a 6 year old and 2 four year olds. Then, due to weather, Anthony picked us up and we went out to dinner with Mikaelyn. It was really nice and after the day was done, I felt full, happy and blessed! It was a great Christmas!
My dessert theater at my church was the next 3 days and it was wonderful! It turned out great and I had so much fun...although I am very thankful that it is finally over and I can get my life back on a normal schedule...it was worth it! Anthony was able to come on Sunday evening and then he and I went on a little "date" for some dinner and wine, just the two of us. It completed what was a great weekend!
New Years Eve has now come and gone and I was EXACTLY where I wanted and needed to be...IN BED!!! Mikaelyn and I went to dinner, got home and went straight to bed. She was asleep by about 6:45 and I was in bed just after...watched a little TV, but went to sleep early. I felt like I need to "ring in" this new year a little differently this year. Rearrange my priorities and really work on ME...what it is that I need an desire for this year. (More to come on this in future posts).
Anyway, I hope you all had a wonderful new year and CHEERS TO 2009!!

No comments: