Friday, August 1, 2008

What a Week...

I'm telling you...this has been one of the most difficult weeks I have had in quite a while. Emotionally I am completely drained!!! Honestly, I can't even put into words the feelings I am having, the emotions that are running through my body other than to say...I know that the Lord gives us stuggles to make us stronger and I know that He is trying to teach me something...but really, I would love to sit face to face with Him right now and ask Him WHY WHY WHY!!!
I'm actually really glad that the month of July is over, it's been such a rollercoaster with everything that has happened in my life, I'm ready to start fresh with August.
For those who haven't yet heard, my Uganda trip has been postponed. Initially, I was very disappointed as not only will I not be in Africa soon, but I will not be able to see my parents for a while. But as I prayed about it and talked to my family, I've realized that this can only benefit not only myself, but our team as far as fundraising goes and preparing our minds, hearts and body's for this journey. We had a meeting last night and I said to my leader, Ray that it's interesting how creative Christ is...when I turned in my application for this Mission trip, I wrote on the top of the application "interested in future dates" as I didn't think I would be able to do the September/October trip...as that meeting progressed, I really felt that the Lord was telling me to go on THIS trip...well, here we are and THIS trip is going at a "future date"...isn't that cool?!?! I think it is! :o)
So, it looks like it will be the end of January and I can hardly wait! I'm working on ideas for fundraising for our team and look forward to getting to know everybody on our team better through this experience!
On top of that, work has been busy (which is a blessing in Real Estate) and I'm busy trying to get my mind organized for Mikaelyn's birthday coming up in just a little over 2 weeks. Anthony and I are faithfully working with Mikaelyn on her attitude and adjusting our disciplining and reactions to this little firecracker of a lady's behavior. 3 has been a challenging year, but all in all, Mikaelyn is such a gem and I am so proud of her strong will and outgoing attitude...I'm definitely a proud mother.
As far as me...I'm dealing with quite a bit internally...a lot of thinking about where I am personally, where I want to be in my relationships and how it is that I can better myself and help to better those around me. It's a daily struggle within my heart to figure out where I should be as opposed to where I WANT to be...so I ask for your prayer that the Lord would cover me with His protection and Love as I struggle to figure out why some things happen to good people.
So, here's to the weekend...celebrating one of my best friend's, Liz's birthday tomorrow evening and then Church on Sunday and possibly an open house on Sunday afternoon! Seafair weekend is here and I'm thankful that I will be AT HOME or at the least, away from the traffic!! :o)
Much love...

1 comment:

Abbey said...

I totally agree with you -- the 3's are much harder than the 2's!! It's overwhelming at times to be responsible for molding a little person! Thank goodness for prayer!!

Mikaelyn is blessed to have a mom like you!