Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Less than 1 Week Until Uganda!

Hello Friends!

What an incredible journey this has been and yet, it has only just begun! I leave for Uganda in 5 days & I have to be honest in telling you, I am getting VERY anxious…but extremely excited!

Here’s a brief update of how things are going…

Mikaelyn is flying to Michigan (actually she’s flying into Chicago & then driving to Michigan) and being picked up by my parents this afternoon. This is a big change of plans, but she is very excited about flying by herself. I’m a nervous wreck today, but I know that she will be just fine and will THRIVE off of the extra attention she’ll receive by the flight attendants… she IS my child after all! :)

I have the next few days to get myself organized and finalize all of the supplies I need to bring over to the kids at Home of Love Orphanage. They have been told that I AM going to be there & from what I’ve heard, they’re very excited for my arrival. Just thinking about pulling up to the gate of the orphanage makes my heart race with excitement!

I have been blown away by the generosity of my friends and family in supporting this trip both financially and emotionally for me. I was able to purchase t-shirts for all of the kids at the orphanage and the money has already been wired to Gulu & they are printing the shirts right now. I’ll have the opportunity to pass out the shirts to all of the children while I’m there…what an honor!

Several people have asked if there is a still a financial need…Here is what I can say: there is ALWAYS a need!! I have been blessed to have raised support for my entire trip and for that I am overwhelmingly grateful. However, my original hope was to be able to purchase some sporting supplies in-country to bring to the kids in Gulu and I have not been able to raise enough funds for those items. If this is something that you may be interested in, there is still time to send money before I leave.

If you would like to send support for supplies, send a tax deductible check made payable to:

ACTION International Ministries

Mail it to me at:

Sarah Jean Groenink
PO BOX 313
Kirkland, WA 98083

My hope is that I will be able to send out periodic emails while I’m away, but I’m not sure how much internet connection I’ll have. I will however be updating my Facebook every so often from my Blackberry, so if you don’t have me on Facebook, you can add me: www.facebook.com/sjgroenink.

I want to thank you all again for your love, support & faith in me as I continue this journey to where my passion lies! I truly would not have been able to do this without you!!

Humbly,

Sarah Jean
(206) 432-1466
sjgroenink@att.net

No comments: