Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Updated on Uganda In-Country Fundraising!

Hello Friends!


Blessed doesn’t even begin to describe how I feel right now, thinking of all of you that are supporting me in my efforts in Gulu, Uganda! It is indescribable and I am truly humbled.

I wanted to give you a quick update on my upcoming trip, which is just 8 weeks away now!! Thank you to so many of you that are supporting me financially, giving me the ability to pay for my plane ticket, I was able to purchase it a few weeks ago…so it’s all very real now! I leave Seattle Monday July 26, and fly out of Uganda Monday August 16, spending 24 hours in London with my best friend and returning to Seattle on Tuesday August 17, the day before Mikaelyn’s birthday! Mikaelyn will be flying to Michigan to spend several weeks with my parents…we’re still working on the details, but we will have someone (possibly my little brother) fly her there and then my Mom will return with her…details, details…

For those of you that are still interested in donating and supporting my trip, there is still time!! I am now raising funds for all of my in-country expenses including, food, room/board/hotels (3 nights), in-country transport (the drive from the Capitol, where I arrive, to Gulu is approx. 4 hours each way), as well as the projects that I will be working on with the children. Some of the projects include:

Beads for their bracelets/necklaces that they make and sell
Sporting equipment (purchased in-country) i.e. soccer balls, tennis balls, jump ropes etc.
Origami art
Tye-dye T-shirts (or we may do fabric markers for the kids to design their own shirt)
Christmas cards (this is my MAIN project)
Postage for Christmas cards
Supplies such as chalk, glitter, glue sticks, paper, scissors etc.

The more funds I am able to raise, the more supplies I am able to bring with me and purchase more sporting equipment in Kampala (Capitol).

I am so deeply grateful for all of you standing beside me on this journey and am looking forward to these next few weeks of planning, organizing and preparing! If you’re interested in seeing a breakdown of my costs, I would be happy to forward that on to you. I know that wonderful things are going to come from this & the children will have so much fun.

Thank you again for your continued support and ask that you continue to pray for these next few weeks to run smoothly. I know the Lord will provide and I am again, so grateful for all of you and your generosity!!

Afoyo Matek (Thank you very much in Lewl)
Sarah Jean

No comments: