Saturday, July 12, 2008

Sitting at an inspection

So, I'm sitting at one of our clients inspections...man they take a long time...
I'm very contemplative today. I'm thinking about the fact that my friend Curtis is STILL not found, having been lost on the Snoqualmie River since June 30th, that's nearly 2 weeks. It is SO frustrating to not have any sort of an update or any information about what is going on and what they are doing to try to find him. I'm also thinking about my sweet kitty Sophie, who has now been gone for 4 days. She has done this before about a year ago, and was gone for about a week, but she almost ALWAYS comes home in the morning if she stays out all night. I think she gets confused and doesn't remember how to get home, but whatever it is, it still stinks that I can't find her and don't know where she is. Mikaelyn keeps asking for her at night when she goes to bed as she is our 1 cat that will wait outside of M's door to get in sleep on the bed with her. She loves to be outside, but she's a little wimp and I worry about her out for 3 nights and 4 days...I just hope she's found another family that is giving her food so she's not starving. She is wearing a collar with my name & phone #, so hopefully someone will let me know they have her if she doesn't come home.
I'm excited to have another Uganda meeting tomorrow morning...hoping to get more information and a better idea of who all will be part of the team!
Lastly, this weekend, although busy, has been so great. It started Thursday night when I got to see a friend of mine that I used to work at Chili's with who now lives in Fresno, CA. He is in town for a brief stay and it was so great to catch up with him. He's just a free spirited, smart guy that always makes me smile and for that, I'm glad I got to see him! I also met my friend Heather's friend from South Carolina who is just a doll and to see the way he cares for my friend just warms my heart! It makes me so happy to see my friends happy, I just love it! I also was able to catch up with a High School friend of mine Tameka that I haven't seen for probably a year, but was a good friend from French Class back in the day. She's so sweet and Mikaelyn just loved having dinner with her.
So, all of that to say, even with the sad things, I am so blessed to have the life I do, the friends I have and the little lady who just makes me smile! I love you Mikaelyn!! xoxo
Being busy isn't always bad...it just makes you appreciate the days you get to actually take naps! :o)

No comments: