Thursday, September 3, 2009

Another Sad Day

I just got word (via blog) that my friend Shannon (Anderson) Nelson and her husband and their two older sons, Kaden & Jonas, lost their sweet son/brother Lucas, 8 months old to cancer last night. My heart is aching for my old friend! No mother should ever have to go through the pain of losing a child. There are no words to begin to express my sadness for their family, but I know the Lord will comfort them during this tragic time!

Shannon, I love you, even though I haven't seen you for FAR too many years. You are such an inspiration to so many women and mothers and I'm proud of you for the brave face, strong mind and unconditionally loving heart that you gave to Lucas! My prayers are with you, Aaron, your boys and all of your extended family and friends! May the Lord give you peace, comfort and understanding in the days and years to come!

No comments: